Please be informed that the pages concerning intellectual property are only partially translated in English. Therefore, the English version can refer to French pages, which are not available in English. A complete overview of the pages concerning intellectual property is available in French and Dutch.
This site dedicated to intellectual property is designed to give you an overall look at regulations for different intellectual property rights: copyrights, related rights, rights for patents, trademarks, designs or models, databases, plant varieties, geographical indications and protected designations of origin, topographies of semiconductor products.
This site also informs you of practical tools to help you manage your intellectual property rights as well as your innovation projects: contact information for institutions which can provide advice or financial assistance, information on subsidies and tax reductions for innovation, databases of existing patents, prices, forms, etc.
Intellectual property rights
Intellectual property protects intellectual creations such as innovative works, trademarks, inventions, software, etc. Different rules apply to each of these objects (copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, etc.).
Below, there are links where you will find information on provisions related to specific intellectual property rights (copyrights, patent rights, trademarks, design rights, plant variety rights, etc.)
- How to register a domain name
- Monitoring department of companies which manage copyrights and related rights
- Plant variety right certificate
- Protection of intellectual property: the fight against counterfeit goods, piracy and other violations of intellectual rights
- Database law
- Innovation and intellectual property
- How to determine which intellectual property right is applicable
- Institutions and actors in intellectual property - Practical information
- Contact information