Right to privacy
The Federal Public Service (FPS) Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy respects user privacy. Most of the information available on this website does not require the use of personal data. Nevertheless, it is possible that the user could be asked for this type of information. In this event, the data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 8 December 1992 on the processing of personal data.
In concrete terms, this means that:
- personal data can be collected and processed only to comply with an information request that you have submitted;
- personal data will not be disclosed to third parties or used for commercial purposes;
- you have the right to consult your personal data, check its accuracy and correct any errors. To do so, you can contact the site manager.
- The FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy undertakes to take the best safety measures to avoid third parties abusing the personal data you have provided.
The FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy uses different levels of security for the various services it provides. The lowest level applies to services provided publicly and anonymously.
What is meant by cookies?
Cookies are small information files that are automatically recorded on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website, and that include a unique identification number. These cookies make it possible to simplify website access and browsing, and also increase access speed and ease of use. They can also be used to customise the website according to your personal preferences. Cookies also make it possible to analyse the use of a website to identify and remove any problems.
All the cookies assigned are automatically deleted at the end of a user session.
On the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy website, three cookies that determine the choice of language are not deleted automatically.
Furthermore, your use of the services created by or at the request of the Federal Administration may be logged as part of e-Government. This means that the following data may be collected:
- the IP address assigned to you when you logged on;
- the data and time you accessed the service;
- any pages consulted for a certain period;
- any browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system installed on your computer;
- the search engine and keywords used to find the Service's website;
- the files downloaded;
- the choice of language;
- the website via which you arrived.
This data will be processed only to find out how many users access the different sections of the services and to improve the content of the services.
It will never be used to create a user profile.