Table of Contents


    The Act of 28 November 2022 on the protection of persons who report breaches of national or Union law within legal entities in the private sector allows persons who so wish - and who meet the conditions laid out in the law - to report breaches to the competent authorities designated by the King.

    By Royal Decree of 23 January 2023, the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy has been appointed as the competent authority in the frame of its audit assignments and in the fields covered by the law.

    These concern the following fields:

    • financial services, products and markets and the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing;
    • product safety and compliance;
    • consumer protection;
    • network security (in the energy field);
    • breaches relating to the internal market under Article 26, paragraph 2, of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

    Who Can Report a Breach?

    You can report a breach as a whistleblower if

    • you work in the private sector;
    • you have obtained information about breaches of legal provisions in a professional context.  

    Therefore, this provision mainly concerns

    • the company's employees
    • self-employed workers
    • shareholders
    • volunteers
    • trainees
    • suppliers, etc.

    To Which Organisation Should You Report a Breach?

    To report a breach of the legal provisions relating to the areas of competence of the FPS Economy, contact the Federal Ombudsman's Centre for Integrity.

    Federal Ombudsman's Centre for Integrity

    Federal Institute for the Protection and Promotion of Human Rights.

    For support or information on whistleblowing, you can contact the Federal Institute for Human Rights.

    Federal Institute for Human Rights