Table of Contents
Fees must be paid:
- at the time of filing of the application
- for the examination procedure
- and for maintaining the patent.
Depending on the territory and the terms of protection, the total cost of a patent can vary from a few thousand euros, to tens of thousands of euros. Applying for a patent is a complex technical field and/or applying for protection in different large markets, alongside European protection, for example in the United States, Japan or India, can increase this cost to over 100,000 euros.
You will find the amount of official fees due at the following addresses:
- Fee amounts and payment methods for Belgian fees:
- Fee amounts and terms of payment of European fees
- Fee amounts and payment methods for international fees (PCT patent)