Table of Contents
- Services for everyone
- My Enterprise
- Services for administrations
- Data quality
What is the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises?
The Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (CBE) is a database owned by the FPS Economy containing all the basic data concerning companies and their business units. The purpose of the CBE is twofold:
- increasing the efficiency of public services; and
- simplifying administrative procedures for companies.
Method of operation
The CBE centralises the basic data of companies and business unit and disseminates it to several competent authorities. The CBE assigns a unique identification number to each company and business unit. This identification number allows authorities to exchange information. Consequently, companies need to submit their data to the authorities only once.
Specific services have been developed for each target group. Services exist for:
Address modification in the CBE: January 2019
At the beginning of January 2019, some active addresses were automatically converted in the CBE. These modifications are the result of:
- the merger of 15 municipalities in the Flemish Region (more info: https://lokaalbestuur.vlaanderen.be/strategische-projecten/fusie)
- new district boundaries in Antwerp and Ekeren (more info: (https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/overzicht/grenscorrectie/algemene-informatie)
- the change in the composition of the administrative districts in Hainaut (more info: https://statbel.fgov.be/en/news/modification-nsi-codes-municipalities-and-administrative-districts-1st-january-2019)
What are the consequences for the CBE data?
- The addresses of registered entities Natural person, registered entities Legal person, establishment units and branches were automatically modified in the CBE provided the address is correctly registered in the CBE and it can be linked to an address which is officially recognized by the municipality.
- These ex officio adaptations of addresses will be published automatically and free of charge in the annexes to the Belgian Official Gazette if your registered entity is subject to a publication obligation.
In short, good news! The registered entity must take no steps to adapt the address in the CBE or to publish this change in the annexes to the Belgian Official Gazette.
For further information regarding the address modifications in the CBE, please contact the CBE helpdesk at email@example.com.
Companies and associations must however adapt their statutes. This can be done at the time of the next amendment of the statutes, after the publication of this address change. For further information on this obligation, please contact the FPS Justice.
Changes in the CBE from November 1, 2018
The entry into force on 01/11/2018 of the company law reform implies a number of important changes for the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (CBE) and its applications.
The concept of 'enterprise' disappears.
From now on the term 'enterprises' will no longer be used in the CBE, but will be replaced by 'registered entities' or simply 'entities'. The terms 'enterprise number' and 'Crossroads Bank for Enterprises', on the other hand, are retained.
The terms 'craft business’ and ‘(non-)commercial’ characteristic are abolished.
As a result of the abolition of the concepts of trader and craftsman, the characteristics of ’commercial company’, ‘non-commercial company under private law' and 'craft business’ operating on 31 October 2018 will be converted into the new characteristic of 'enterprise subject to registration'. In other words, on 1 November 2018 the new characteristic of 'enterprise subject to registration' will be automatically granted.
The distinction between the civil and commercial character of the company disappears.
On 1 November 2018 legal forms starting with 'Civil company in the form of' will automatically be converted into a legal form that no longer refers to the civil nature.
Several contact details can be registered in the CBE.
An entity can have several contact details of the same type in the CBE. For example, an entity can have two or more e-mail addresses or telephone numbers. An entrepreneur can also change these data free of charge at any time via My Enterprise.