Table of Contents
Guy De Praetere
For which problems
B2C (business-to-consumer) and B2B (business-to-business) disputes dealing with:
- general commercial disputes
- general customer services
- financial services
- other goods and services
- financial services (banks, insurance and credit companies, etc.)
- services sector (real estate brokers, legal services, accountancy and other professionals...)
- construction sector
During a first contact, I will check whether your dispute can be dealt with amicably or not. I will give you any useful information about my possible intervention. My rate will only start to apply when you and the other party have formally assigned me my mission.
- First contact (max. 15 min. by phone): free
- General information on mediation (max. 15 min. by phone): free
- Fees : basic rate 50 euros/hour VAT included (to be paid by each party separately) (50% increase in case of urgency or during the week-end)
- Location fees: free of charge at the office
- Preparation of mediation protocol: 50 euros (fixed sum) (to be paid by each party separately)
- Possible other costs (interpreters, experts, external location costs, stamps, co-mediation...): charged at cost price, will be discussed with the client beforehand.
The invoice includes the fees and the (possible) other costs and is divided between the parties. Advance payments in the form of a provision are requested as standard. You are entitled to a detailed overview. The invoices are payable in cash and without deduction. In the event of non-payment, the service may be suspended until full payment has been made and the invoice will be increased by 10% without further notice.
The most recent version can be found on the website www.conflictbemiddelingskantoor.be/be/docs/tarieven; the final price conditions are laid down in detail in the mediation protocol.
Financial help is available through legal aid: http://www.belgium.be/nl/justitie/slachtoffer/rechtsbijstand/kosten/
Languages in which the procedure can be carried out:
- Province of East Flanders
- Province of West Flanders
- Province of Antwerp
- Province of Limburg
- Proviince of Flemish Brabant and Brussels
- You are 18 years old and can act as a natural person or legal entity as a party to the mediation.
- You have already contacted the other party to report your problem and both parties are willing to try to resolve the conflict through mediation.
How does it work?
Guy De Praetere is accredited by the Federal Mediation Commission as a mediator in commercial matters.
An accredited mediator is neutral, impartial and independent. To him, both parties are equal and both parties’ views are equally important. He tries to facilitate communication between the parties in a serene atmosphere in order to reach a tailor-made agreement that reflects the concerns and interests of all.
The conversations are strictly confidential. Each party is completely free to initiate and terminate the mediation process.
A mutual agreement obtained by an accredited mediator and sanctioned by the court has the same consequences as a judgement.
Please also check our website www.conflictbemiddelingskantoor.be/hoe-verloopt-uw-bemiddeling
In accordance with the Federal Mediation Commission’s code of ethics, a mediation protocol will be drawn up after the brief informative introductory meeting but before the mediation starts, and it will contain the information required, such as the contact details of the parties, description of the conflict, invoicing, etc.
This protocol is protected by copyright.