As a citizen of a European Union Member State, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you can temporarily and casually practise the profession of expert surveyor. In that case, you must meet the following conditions:
- you are legally based in another Member State and practise the profession of expert surveyor there;
- if the profession of expert surveyor is not regulated in your Member State of origin, you must have practised the activities of an expert surveyor in one or more Member States for at least one year during the ten years preceding the provision of your services in Belgium.
The Federal Council of Expert Surveyors assesses the temporary and casual nature of the provision of services on a case-by-case basis, mainly on the basis of duration, frequency, regularity and continuity.
Are you practising the profession of expert surveyor on a temporary or casual basis in Belgium? In that case, you must inform the Federal Council of Expert Surveyors in advance in a written declaration. In it, you state the details of your insurance cover or other means of personal or collective protection with regard to professional liability.
You must renew this declaration once a year if you intend to work as a surveyor in Belgium temporarily or casually during that year. You may submit the declaration by any means.
When you provide your first service or if your situation changes significantly compared to the documents you previously provided, you must also provide the following documents:
- proof of nationality;
- a certificate stating that you:
- are lawfully based in a Member State;
- are practising the activities of an expert surveyor there;
- were not banned from practising the profession at the time the certificate was issued, even if only temporarily.
- proof of professional qualifications;
- if the profession is not regulated in your Member State of origin, proof that you have pursued the activity in question for at least one year during the previous ten years.
You must provide the registry of the Federal Board of Appeal for Expert Surveyors with the written declaration.