You can work as a certified surveyor on a temporary and occasional basis if you are a citizen of a Member state of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland. In such cases, you must meet the following conditions:
- you are legally established and working as a certified surveyor in another Member State, and
- if the profession of certified surveyor is not regulated in the Member States in which you are established, you have worked as a certified surveyor in one or more Member States for at least one year during the ten years prior to your service provision in Belgium.
The Federal Council of Certified Surveyors assesses the temporary and occasional nature of service provision on a case-by-case basis, particularly in terms of duration, frequency, periodicity and continuity.
Are you working as a certified surveyor on a temporary and occasional basis in Belgium for the first time? You must inform the Federal Council of Certified Surveyors in advance by means of a written declaration. You must mention the information on your insurance cover or other means of personal or collective protection regarding professional liability.
You must renew this declaration once a year if you intend to provide temporary and occasional services in Belgium during the year in question. You can provide the declaration by any means.
When providing services for the first time or in the event of a material change in the situation set out in the documents, you must also provide the following documents:
- proof of nationality;
- a declaration certifying that:
- you are legally established in a Member State,
- you are working there as a certified surveyor,
- when the declaration is issued, you are not subject to any ban, even temporary, on practising;
- proof of your professional qualifications;
- if the profession is not regulated in your original Member State, any kind of proof that you have practised the activities in question for at least one year during the last ten years.
You can submit the declaration to the registry of the Federal Council of Certified Surveyors by post or email.