The Central Contact Point for Products was established in order to coordinate the flow of information about the safety of products and services.
- Consumers, producers, distributors, employers and authorities can submit complaints to the Central Contact Point if they encounter products and services that fail to comply with the legal safety provisions and/or may harm the health and/or safety of users.
- Producers and distributors must immediately notify the Central Contact Point if they become aware that they have supplied products or services that do not meet the safety standards. The Central Contact Point must also be informed in the event of accidents caused by products supplied or provided by them.
- The Central Contact Point is the Belgian contact point for the Safetyg Gate system, the European information system on hazardous products.
- The Central Contact Point provides information about the safety of products and services (e.g. tanning centres, climbing walls, etc.) You can request information on product identification, the nature of the risk, and any measures taken.
- The Central Contact Point also includes the Single Liaison Office. This liaison office was created in the framework of the European Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 on market surveillance and product conformity. It is responsible for coordination between the different Belgian market surveillance authorities and for representing the common position at European level. The Single Liaison Office communicates Belgian market surveillance strategies and also contributes to cooperation between the market surveillance authorities of different Member States when mutual assistance is requested.
The Central Contact Point for products is part of Belspoc, the contact point for the General Directorate of Quality and Safety.
The contact details for the Central Contact Point for Products are:
FPS Economy, SME, Self-employed and Energy
General Directorate of Quality and Safety
Boulevard Albert II 16
Tel.: 02 277 53 36