09.06.2021 World Accreditation Day
This year’s theme focuses on the use of accreditation in supporting the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
On the occasion of the World Accreditation Day, discover the brochure and the videos that illustrate the role and benefits of accreditation.
Positive result Peer Evaluation BELAC
In May 2018, EA (European Cooperation for Accreditation) conducted a peer evaluation at BELAC. A team of 9 colleagues from other European accreditation bodies assessed whether BELAC meets the requirements of the international standard ISO / IEC 17011 and the European Regulation 765/2008.
On 9 May 2019 the EA MAC confirmed that BELAC remains an EA MLA signatory in the fields of Calibration (ISO/IEC 17025), Testing (ISO/IEC 17025), including Medical Examinations (ISO 15189), Inspection (ISO/IEC 17020), Proficiency Testing Providers (ISO/IEC 17043), Certification of persons (ISO/IEC 17024), Certification of products (ISO/IEC 17065), Certification of management systems (ISO/IEC 17021-1) and Validation and Verification (ISO 14065).
The EA MAC confirms that BELAC successfully made the transition from ISO/IEC 17011:2004 to ISO/IEC 17011:2017.
The organizations accredited by BELAC can therefore continue to confirm the reliability of their conformity assessment activities to their Belgian and international customers.
09.06.2018 World Accreditation Day
World Accreditation Day 2018 will be held on June 9!
"Accreditation: delivering a Safer World" is the theme for the 2018 World Accreditation Day, an international initiative set up jointly by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC).
11.01.2018: Transition to the new standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017
The new standard ISO/CEI 17025:2017 has been issued in November 2017 and replaces the standard ISO/IEC 17025 :2004.
The European and international accreditation organizations (EA and ILAC) have decided that all accredited laboratories need to comply with the requirements of ISO/CEI 17025:2017 at the latest 3 years after the publication date , which means before the 1rst of December 2020. From that date on an accreditation according to the standard ISO/CEI 17025:2005 will cease to be valid.
In order to facilitate the transition to the new standard, BELAC has decided for the following rules :
- Starting from the 1rst of July 2018, all new applications will be assessed according to the standard ISO/CEI 17025:2017. The accredited laboratories may, on a voluntary basis, be assessed according to the requirements of the new standard.
- Starting from the 1rst of January 2019, all assessments will be performed according to the standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Starting from the 1rst of June 2019, BELAC will stop granting accreditations according to the standard ISO/CEI 17025 :2005.
- All accredited laboratories will provide a transition plan to BELAC by the 1rst of December 2019 at the latest. If an assessment is planned to take place before that date, the transition plan will be provided to BELAC at the latest one month before the assessment. The plan will describe, with the necessary level of detail, the actions taken by the laboratory to ensure compliance with requirements of the standard as well as the corresponding implementation dates. In order to facilitate the transmission of the information and its evaluation by the assessment teams, laboratories are requested to fill in form BELAC 6-101 R3-2018.
- The laboratories will be given the necessary time to implement corrective actions in case of non-conformities relating to new or modified requirements of the new standard. Evidence of completion of these actions will nevertheless be necessary in order for BELAC to confirm accreditation according to the new version of the standard. In order to get all transitions processes completed in time, the corrective actions will need to be finalized by the 1rst of September 2020 at the latest. By closure of the non-compliances is meant: closure in accordance with document BELAC 3-11 in particular:
- For A non-compliances: the proposed root cause and extent analysis as well as the corrective action(s) taken are accepted and evidence of implementation is provided;
- For B non-compliances: the proposed root cause and extent analysis as well as the planned corrective action(s) and the implementation schedule are accepted.
- On the 1rst of December 2010, all certificates (and technical appendices) with reference to the standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 will need to be updated to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 . In case the accreditation documents have not been updated by the end of the transition period, the laboratories will lose their certificate.
The BELAC assessment against the requirements of the new standard will preferably take place during regular surveillance or renewal assessments. Cases where the assessment cannot be combined with a regular assessment will be examined on a case by cases basis in order to decide how the evaluation can be performed.