Table of Contents
For which problems
Commercial disputes concerning:
General consumer services:
- Construction of new houses
- Home maintenance and repair (by specialised plumbers, roofers, heating engineers…)
Disputes concerning the following specialised fields:
- Stability, foundation techniques
- Pathology, humidity and condensation
- Thermal insulation and airtightness
- Noise insulation, acoustics, noise nuisance in buildings
- Floor coverings, screeds
- Wall and ceiling coverings, plastering
- Slanted and flat roofs, roof car parks
- Concrete construction, ready-mixed concrete, concrete technology, polished concrete floors
- Timber construction, timber framing and cabinetwork
- Bathroom plumbing and installations
Disputes concerning machines except cars and computers.
Disputes of any sort concerning industrial economy and/or the technical field.
Mediation fees are equally shared among the parties requesting the mediation unless otherwise provided:
- The first mediation session costs € 907.5 (€ 750 + 21 % VAT), to be divided between the parties. This fixed sum covers the preparation of the case as well as the first mediation session with the mediator, including travel expenses (round trip) for a distance of up to 100 km. The parties shall send all necessary documents and information to the mediator so that he can prepare the mediation mission.
- If the first session takes place more than 100 km away, a surcharge of € 1.21 per additional km (incl. 21 % VAT), travel time included, will be applied.
- If a second mediation session is necessary, the fees will be calculated on the basis of an hourly fee of € 181.50 (€ 150 + 21 % VAT).
- Travel expenses for additional sessions are invoiced € 1.21/km (€ 1.00 + 21 % VAT), travel time included.
These sums apply to any mission before, during or after the mediation meeting.
For technical mediation missions: the same prices apply to technical operations or analyses (preliminary technical reports, measurements or other technical operations) provided they are limited in time.
An estimate will be drawn up for additional analyses or technical advice from external experts. The fees shall be divided among the parties.
Languages in which the mediation procedure can take place:
Prerequisites for access
There are no prerequisites