The 'ideas powered for business' SME fund is established to improve access to intellectual property rights for small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the European Union.
The programme is an initiative of the European Commission and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in cooperation with the national intellectual property offices, including the Belgian Intellectual Property Office (IPObel).
What Types of Funding?
Voucher 1 : IP Scan : no longer available in Belgium :
Alternative service: pre-diagnostic service IP, subsidised by the IPObel
Voucher 2: trademark or design application (up to 75% discount on the fee)
- 75% reimbursement of trade mark and design fees at national, regional and EU level
- 50% reimbursement of trade mark and design fees outside the EU
The maximum reimbursement for this service is 1,000 euros. The level of protection you choose (national, regional, EU, or international) will depend on your business strategy and your growth plans.
Voucher 3: patents
- 75% reimbursement of the fees for a "Prior Art Search Report"
- 75% reimbursement of patent pre-grant
- 75% reimbursement of filing and search fees for European patents filed at EPO
Voucher 4: community plant variety
- 50% reimbursement of online application fee at EU level
Who Can Benefit from the Subsidy Programme?
In the course of 2023, all companies in the European Union that meet the definition of an SME, as drawn up by the European Commission, will be able to apply for this subsidy fund.
How to apply?
Apply for your vouchers via the EUIPO website, from 23 January 2023 to 8 December 2023:
- Grant funds are limited and available on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Both vouchers can only be applied for once a year.
- Choose voucher 2, 3 or 4, or multiple, whether in the same period or not.
- Vouchers remain after activation valid for a maximum of 6 months.
If you have any questions on this subject, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Contact Point of the Belgian Office for Intellectual Property of the FPS Economy is at your disposal.