Are also considered to be insured parties:

  • the policyholder and his/her cohabiting spouse, whether married or not;
  • all persons living in the policyholder's household, including students, even though, for the purposes of their studies, they live outside the policyholder's main residence;
  • domestic staff and domestic helpers, when acting in the private service of an insured person;
  • all those who, outside a professional activity, are responsible, whether free of charge or not, for the care of children living with the policyholder and for the care of animals belonging to the policyholder (if these are included in the cover of the insurance contract), where their liability may be invoked by this care.
    Please note! Damage suffered by cleaners, baby-sitters, etc. are not covered by the civil liability family insurance. To cover these risks, you as an employer must take out "domestic staff" insurance. It is a compulsory workplace accident insurance for persons who occasionally employ domestic staff for activities of a non-manual and non-professional nature, activities which do not exceed a maximum of 8 hours per week with one or more employers. Check your social security obligations as an employer!
Last update
14 December 2020