Motor vehicles intended for purposes other than simple travel are still subject to compulsory civil liability car insurance, regardless of their speed or mass.

What vehicles are concerned?

For example, this can affect construction vehicles (bulldozers), utility vehicles (forklift trucks) or agricultural vehicles (tractors).  

Circulation risk or operation risk?

For these motor vehicles, a distinction is made between the use of the vehicle in circulation (circulation risk) and the use of the vehicle as a tool (operation risk):

  • If the motor vehicle is used in circulation, civil liability car insurance applies;
  • If the motor vehicle is being used as a tool at the time of the accident, the liability is covered by operational insurance.

When taking out the contract, you must describe the risk correctly, and if the  risk changes during the contract, you must inform your insurer.

Disputes and complaints

Last update
26 April 2024