If you wish to benefit from sickness-disability insurance as a self-employed person, you must register with a mutual insurance company of your choice.

You must provide a certificate of affiliation from your social insurance fund that proves that the social contribution obligations have been met.

Then, each year, after having checked that you are in order with your social security contributions for a given year, your social insurance fund will electronically send a "mutual insurance voucher" through the Crossroads Bank for Social Security. The latter will then take charge of transferring it to your mutual insurance company to enable the reimbursement of medical care expenses for the given year.

Last update
13 November 2023