Where and how do I submit a complaint?
All written complaints must be sent to the Directorate-General Enforcement and Mediation (DGEM).
Submit a complaint online
You can submit your complaint using the website of the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy.
This will be sent directly to the Directorate-General Enforcement and Mediation.
Please note! If you wish to report internet abuse (spam, fraud, litigious content etc.), go to the website www.ecops.be
Submit a complaint using the complaint form
You can also submit a complaint using a complaint form.
You can complete the form either by hand or using word processing software, then send it to the DGEM:
- by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy – Directorate-General Enforcement and Mediation – Front Office - NG III, Boulevard du Roi Albert II 16, 3rd floor, 1000 Brussels
- by fax : 02/277 54 52
DGEM serving citizens
You can also contact the DGEM if you would prefer to have personal contact with one of its officials. You can visit our offices. Our offices are open from 9:00 to 17:00. If you are a retailer, you can find out more about your obligations; if you are a consumer, you can find out more about your rights.
The DGEM is present throughout Belgian territory through its seven regional offices:
- the Brussels-Capital region, and its special status municipalities the provinces of east Flanders and west Flanders
- the province of Antwerp and the province of Limburg
- the province of Liege and the province of Luxembourg
- the province of Hainaut
- the province of Flemish Brabant
- the province of Walloon Brabant and the province of Namur
In addition to its regional offices, the DGEM has five central offices in Brussels, three of which are specialist.