Disputes & Complaints


The car you bought a few months ago breaks down. You inform the seller, who ignores your call. You talk to neighbours who have experienced the same problems with this seller. 

With the help of FPS Economy, you have two options.

  • You can either seek a quick, inexpensive amicable settlement via Belmed or

  • You can report it by submitting a complaint to the FPS Economy's Directorate-General Enforcement and Mediation (DGEM), which monitors the goods and services market.  This includes ensuring that sellers' conduct is consistent with current economic regulations. One of the DGEM's missions, in general consumer interest, is to prevent illegal trading practices. You can help the DGEM by reporting practices you have been affected by, to prevent other consumers falling victim to them.

Contact Center

FPS Economy, S.M.E.s, Self-employed and Energy
Contact Center

Rue du Progrès, 50
1210 Brussels

Phone (free number): 0800 120 33
From abroad: +32 800 120 33

Fax (free number): 0800 120 57
From abroad: +32 800 120 57

Ask your question by means of the webform